Senior Software Engineer (64)- MicrosoftRemote
Influential technical leader, mentor, overseeing delivery of high profile projects coordinated across 4 teams, with a focus on React, C#, GraphQL and microservices operating CMS driving all content for support.microsoft.com, Office applications, and Windows.
C#, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Redux, GraphQL, Azure, TDD, XP, microservices, distributed systems design
- Achieved 90% reduction in key user-facing performance metrics through design and execution of CQRS and federated GraphQL in a distributed application architecture; leadership to plan and deliver across 3 teams
- Expand technical leadership to 3 teams and mentor 5 engineers; including concrete applications of SOLID, React ecosystem, C#, federated GraphQL, and microservice architecture
- Increase test coverage from 0% to 52% through institution of unit and component testing via Jest and Cypress; advocate practitioner for pragmatic TDD
- Reduce time creating and communicating project timelines to leadership by ~80% by engineering forecasting tool, leveraging AI and historical data without requiring estimates
- Reduce CI times by 83% via improving reliability with Yarn PnP, reducing complexity with Nx, and breaking monolithic apps into small packages
Lead Front-End Engineer- Experience, LLCRemote
Guided all aspects of front-end development for 2 teams, communicated with stakeholders and executive leadership, ensured experiences that delight customers.
Java, Groovy, Grails, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Redux, TDD, Jest, Cypress, Docker, AWS, microservices, SCRUM, git
- Leveraged data science and customer feedback to accelerate delivery of consistent user experiences with introduced design language and React component library
- Established "Three Amigos" process drove improved alignment of delivered value with 75% reduction of engineering time investment, increasing the team velocity by 20%
- Guided 3 teams of engineers; React, Redux, TypeScript, innovated usage of TDD and Cypress E2E testing and automation
Senior Software Engineer- VersionOne, CollabNetAtlanta, GA (Hybrid)
Technical lead for over 3 high-profile features on flagship ALM product; including road mapping, time sheets, UI query filters in an XP and TDD environment.
- Modernized front-end by owning adoption of React, Redux stack across 4 teams; comprehensive refactor of custom ES5 modules to ES6 and reduction of technology stacks
- Established adoption of React as primary front-end technology stack used by 5 teams across 2 products; systematically replacing fragmented framework usages of jQuery, AngularJS, and Backbone.JS
- Streamlined processes between UX and Engineering through the creation of React based component library and design language documentation; tested via Cypress and Storybook
Senior Software Engineer- MATRIX Professional ServicesAtlanta, GA (Hybrid)
- Prepared redesigned checkout process for a major e-commerce store; reducing steps to action by 50% and increasing sales by an undisclosed amount
- Reduced defects in new features by ~60% through of testing mechanisms, including jasmine, mocha, chai, sinon, and karma, and CI automation via gulp and grunt
- React early adopter; pioneered usage and incorporation into company's core competencies; including training of 7+ engineers
- Founded company craftsman fellowship program and curriculum; onboarding 2 new hires into the program
Software Engineer- MModalAtlanta, GA
Excelled in an position focused on Fluency for Coding, a medical coding and billing web application.
Web Application Developer- Response Mine InteractiveAtlanta, GA
Guided design of custom CMS to manage content across over 10 web properties.
Senior Software Engineer- DAXKOBirmingham, AL
SCRUM team, produced operational and membership management software for non-profits.
Software Engineer 3- MedSEEKBirmingham, AL
Improved e-healthcare platform, Coldstone; leveraged by hospitals and healthcare providers.
Software Engineer 3- Intermark InteractiveBirmingham, AL
Delivered features for high-profile BuyAToyota.com; handling Toyota's third tier marketing.
Adjunct Faculty- Columbus Technical CollegeColumbus, GA
Taught web development and general computing courses; ensuring student preparedness for workforce.